Skilled Kentucky Consular Attorney

Assisting Clients Through Consular Processing

People abroad who seek to live or work in the United States car apply for a temporary or permanent visa (“green card”) at a U.S. consulate in their home country. Known as consular processing, this allows many people the point of entry they need to come to the U.S. and can help them get on the path to establishing permanent residency.

For over ten years, The O’Brien Law Group has been helping individuals and families obtain immigrant (IV) and non-immigrant (NIV) status through consular processing.

Understanding Government Procedures

Consular processing requires joint government agency cooperation. The U.S. State Department, Department of Homeland Security and other government agencies are all involved in this process.

Our lead attorney, Rusty O’Brien, has more than 10 years of experience working with these government agencies in immigration matters. He has an in-depth understanding of each agency’s internal processes and procedures.

Employment-Based Immigration

Kentucky and Indiana host many corporations and hospitals that employ foreign nationals. We can help with your employment-based immigration. When a company petitions for you to work in the US, we can fulfill the required documentation necessary to approve your employment. AI that point, you then go to your country’s U.S. Consulate to pick up your visa.

Family-Based Immigration

In certain situations, you may require family-based consular processing. If you entered the U.S. illegally; marrying a citizen does not provide automatic residence or citizenship. You may have to go back to your country and file for a visa through the U.S. Consulate. We can start the petition process for you and file any necessary or supporting documentation for your visa.

Contact Our Law Firm

We understand your immigration goals and can provide thorough legal representation to help you achieve them. If you wish to live or work in the United States and need help obtaining an immigrant visa or non-immigrant visa through consular processing, contact The O’Brien Law Group today.

Please call our Louisville or Shelbyville offices at 502-400-7890 to speak to our Lawyer. You may also send us an e-mail..

Pin It on Pinterest

Contact Us

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)


Your Message