Aiding Your Pursuit of Non-Immigrant Employment in Kentucky

The purpose of a non-immigrant employment visa is to allow you to work temporarily in the United States. You can apply for a non-immigrant employment visa under several categories (for example, L-1, H-1, E-1, E-2, R, O, P, etc.).

The visa category determines the length of your stay in the U.S. However, you may change your status to stay longer or perform different employment activities.

Specialty and Multinational Employment

You may apply for H1-B non-immigrant status if you will be temporarily employed in a specialty occupation. This visa has a statutorily-mandated annual limit. You may also qualify for an O-1 visa if you have reached a high level in your profession, such as a professional athlete or scientist.

Nationals of Canada and Mexico may apply for TN visas. If you are employed by one of the 63 approved professions in NAFTA, you can seek this non-immigrant employment status. While L-1 visas allow multinational companies to transfer high-level and essential employees from their international offices to the U.S.

Investor and Religious Visas

You may qualify for an investor visa if you come to the United States to manage an enterprise in which you are invested. Your qualified employees may also obtain related non-immigrant employment visas.

If you are a religious worker, you may apply for an R-1 visa. This visa allows you to enter the United States to perform religious services for your religious organization. However, your organization must already be established in the U.S. to qualify.

Obtain Employment Status – Call an Experienced Attorney Today

Please contact our Louisville or Shelbyville Kentucky law offices today toll-free at 866-638-2650 or 502-650-8864 to discuss your non-immigrant employment options with our lawyer. You may also send us an e-mail. Se Habla Español..

Pin It on Pinterest

Contact Us

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)


Your Message